Title Collage

Title Collage

Sunday, June 15, 2014

Conversation with the Birds

I walk into the bird room with my laptop.

Me: Hey guys!

Mango: HI! HI! HI MOM! HI!

Loki: *side eye* oh, hey.

Me: Whatchya guys doing?!

Mango: HI! HI!! MOM!! YOU'RE HERE! I LOVE IT WHEN YOU'RE HERE!

Loki: *glare*

Me: Ok, I'll let you guys out. I'm just gonna sit here and watch Netflix while you guys play.

Mango: MOM! HI! LOOK MOM I'M DANCING! HI! MOM! LOOK!

Loki: *cautiously exits cage, begins furiously chewing perches*

Mango: MOM! MOM! MOM! MOM!

Me: Ok Mango, I'll take you out of your cage and place you on top, since you're too excited to realize that you can, in fact, exit the cage on your own. Hey Loki, how are you doing, bud? Can I give you some head scratches?

Loki: *silence, furious chewing... more side eye... cautiously bows head for scritches*

Me: Awesome, Netflix time. Ooh, look, a new documentary on cults. Should be fascinating.

Mango: *quietly chewing perch*

Loki: Wait... what's that screen thing you're looking at? 

Me: Oh, now you wanna talk, Loki?

Loki: Yeah. Why are you looking at that screen and not me?

Me: I'm just hanging out in here so you don't get into trouble. *goes back to watching Netflix*

Loki: Hey!

Me: *watches Netflix*

Loki: Hey! Look at me when I'm talking to you! MOM!! HEY!!! WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?

Me: *ear drums bleeding slightly* I guess it's time for headphones...

Loki: MOM! MOM! WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME! PAY ATTENTION TO ME! HI! I'M DANCING TOO, LOOK I CAN DANCE LIKE MANGO CAN! MOM! HEY! YOU ALWAYS IGNORE ME WHEN I'M DANCING AND IT MAKES ME SO UPSET! LOOK AT ME! I'M A PERSON TOO! YOU NEVER PAY ATTENTION TO ME EVER!

Mango: Loki, SHUT UP!

Loki: HEY! HEY! HEY! MOM! MOM! MOMMA! MOMMA! MAA! MAA! MAA! MOMMY! MOMMY! MOMMY! MANDY! MANDY! MANDY! MAMA! MAMA! MAMA!





************************************************************************

And that, folks, is what it's like trying to watch Netflix in the bird room. I took that video secretly while facing away from Loki because every time I look directly at him, he quiets right down and starts cooing. And I mean... he could totally come over and hang out with me and I'd give him an entire cult documentary's worth of head scritches, but noooooo. He'd rather have a meltdown like he's a 2-year-old in a grocery store and I just told him to put the cookies back on the shelf.


2 comments:

  1. Julio finds Loki's screaming fascinating and would like to say, "I'll pay attention to you!"
    Potentially with his teeth, but still....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, and Loki will pay attention back... with his beak/wood chipping appendage.

    ReplyDelete