Title Collage

Title Collage

Monday, April 29, 2013

Butt Holes.

Let me start by repeating the phrase that I could have used at work last week. It went something like this:

"You need to make sure you properly cover your butt holes, otherwise squirrels could fall in and die."

I did not use this phrase because it would have been unprofessional. Let me go back to the beginning.

I work with construction workers now. I've been doing biological consulting for a company in San Diego, and my main project is monitoring a powerline transfer from wood poles to steel poles. My job is to make sure they don't crush/maim/destroy/kill any sensitive species or habitat in the work area, and there's a lot of sensitive area. They come in with several pieces of large equipment, dig a hole about 10 feet deep, place a steel pole butt (technical term) in the hole, then pour cement to fix the pole into place. Most times, there's a few days lag between digging the hole and placing the pole butt, so they have to really make sure their pole butt holes are covered well. Or else, you know, squirrels could fall in and die.

1 comment: